Girvan 01465 712345 | Stranraer 01776 889293 | Newton Stewart 01671 402813


Legal Services Guardianships


We can assist if you need to apply to Court for a Guardianship or an Intervention Order. An Intervention order involves asking the Court to permit someone to act on a one-off basis for someone else who is over 16 and who is not able to look after their own affairs. This could be because a legal document needs signed, for example to sell a house. The Order lasts only as long as it takes to implement the act that the Court has granted permission for.

A Guardianship, on the other hand, involves seeking permission to act for someone with incapacity on an on-going basis. This could involve paying bills, deciding on healthcare or personal welfare matters.

As you would imagine, the process involves demonstrating why such an order is necessary and how it will benefit the person who is not able to look after their own affairs. We can guide you through the process at every step.