McCormick & Nicholson and Smith & Valentine are trading names of Galloway and Ayrshire Partnership LLP (registered company number SO303208). Our registered office is 66 Victoria Street, Newton Stewart, DG8 6DD.
This privacy notice describes how Galloway & Ayrshire Partnership LLP (“we”, “us”, “the firm”) collect and use personal information about you while you are using our website (www.snvlegal.co.uk) in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
We are a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. Please be assured that we take the protection of your personal information very seriously. We may update this notice at any time.
1. What personal information will you collect from me?
We will collect and process information you provide by completing enquiry or ‘contact us’ forms on any part of our website.
The details you enter will be stored securely until you tell us that you want us to delete them or for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
We will also hold:
- details of your visits to our website, for example traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer is located) and the pages of the website that you view (please see section below on Cookies)
- information contained in and records of any communications between us, including e-mails and letters.
2. What will you do with my personal information?
We will use the personal information that you submitted via our website to respond to your query. This might ultimately result in us entering into a contract with you. If this is the case we will send you a Letter of Engagement.
3. Who will you share this information with?
We may share your data with:
- our employees, contractors or agents
- external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity
- third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation or instructions of a regulatory body (including in connection with a court order), or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
4. How can I access the information you hold about me?
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access your personal information, subject to certain exemptions. To request access to your personal information, please contact us in writing using the details below. You will not have to pay a fee to exercise your rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
The Data Protection Officer, McCormick & Nicholson, 66 Victoria Street, Newton Stewart, DG8 6DD.
If we decide to change this Privacy Notice, we will post the updated Privacy Notice on our website so that you are always aware of what personal information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it. The updated Privacy Notice will take effect as soon as it is posted on our website.
Links to other sites
Our website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. When you leave our website we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.